Accused Of Violating Probation? Act Quickly To Protect Your Freedom.
At first glance, receiving probation instead of jail or prison time seems like a victory in your case. While it is better than incarceration, probation isn’t easy. There are many terms to comply with, and violating any of them could mean going back in front of a judge and facing additional punishment.
If you’ve been accused of violating your probation, don’t face the judge alone. Instead, contact the Lee Viacava Law Firm. Our attorney offers more than 15 years of experience in nearly all aspects of criminal defense, including probation violation defense.
Defense Against All Manner Of Alleged Violations
Attorney Lee Viacava is ready to represent you in a violation-of-probation (VOP) hearing. He will help you refute allegations that you willfully and substantially violated the terms of your probation. Common violations include:
- Failing a drug test or alcohol screening
- Refusal or failure to submit to drug/alcohol testing
- Missing one or more meetings with your probation officer with submitting prior notification or having an excuse deemed acceptable
- Missing one or more required appointments
- Getting arrested for another crime during your probation period
- Moving to a different home address without reporting the change
- Failing to pay the costs of court, supervision, victim restitution or other required expenses
We have helped many clients through the VOP process. Family emergencies, financial insecurity, mental health issues and other unavoidable problems can make perfect compliance difficult, and probation officers have very little tolerance for failure to meet requirements.
Our firm regularly represents clients who have been accused of violating their probation, and we also handle cases involving early termination of probation. When you contact us, attorney Lee Viacava will immediately work to demonstrate that you either met the terms you were accused of violating or that your violations were not willful and substantive.
Contact Us To Learn How We Can Help You
The Lee Viacava Law Firm serves criminal defense clients throughout southwest Florida, including those accused of violating probation. To schedule your initial consultation with a highly experienced attorney, call us in Fort Myers at 239-990-2667 or fill out our online contact form.